The shift in my employment from testing coordinator to assessment teacher has brought a new coworker. He’s a nice guy. He’s into quixtar (An Amway related internet based wealth building system). He is a member of the jehovah’s witness church/group/cult….
So we are talking the other day. At certain points of our conversation we make clarification. I try to be kind, listening and understanding. I write notes to myself. Inside I am FrEaKiNg OuT! Some juicy tidbits from our conversation:
- Michael the Archangel is Jesus. Michael was the first of the angels and was incarnated as the Christ and then resumed his status upon returning to heaven after the resurrection.
- When we die it’s like we are asleep. We are unconcious.
- There is no Hell. After the judgement, those who do not enter into eternal life will cease to exist.
I already knew that jw’s denied the trinity and the diety of Christ. I know that they choose not to celebrate holidays. I found out that they choose not to participate in the political process because they believe that it is demonically controlled.
I find it so very sad. Where is the justice in it all? Where is the hope? I will be praying that I am a good witness to the witness. That God might use me to bring his truth to this man enshrouded in the darkness as well as the secretary who is a jw who is faltering. I will pray that they will understand…
- Jesus is God in the flesh. John 1:1 (in any decent translation except for the JW translation)
- That for believers, to die is to be with Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:8
- Hell is real. God made it for Lucifer. Those who deny Christ send themselves there, not that God sends them there. John 3:17 & Revelation 19-20
- God has revealed Himself as the trinity on several occasions. Genesis 1:26, Isaiah 6:8, Matthew 3 (also in Mark 1, Luke 3, John 1)
- We are not forbidden to celebrate holidays. Colossians 2:16
- God is ultimately in control of any and all political processes Romans 13:1
Jesus came to make us free. And if the Son has set us free, we are free indeed!!!
May you be covered in the dust of your rabbi